Wednesday, December 28, 2011
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Here's a list of Tucson stores that offer to double your savings:
- Safeway - DC*
- Fry's - DC*
- Basha's - DT (Double)*
*Here's the blog that explains the different deals. http://desertmamis.blogspot.com/2011_11_01_archive.html
Basha's has a change in the coupon policy. "We do not accept any Internet coupons over $3.00 or “free product” Internet coupons."
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Here is my modified version of the Simple Chili Recipe, using only what I had in my pantry and items generously donated to our family from the local food bank.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon of garlic salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder**
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb of cooked pinto beans
- Sort and rinse pinto beans into a colander. Place beans in crock pot and fill it with water. Beans will cook on low overnight, seasoned with tablespoon of salt.
Preparing meat; (next day)
Cook beef, onion and garlic salt until beef is brown.
Its ready to serve. Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream on top of chips, Frito's.
For the original recipe please check out http://www.food.com/recipe/simple-chili-190598
I just modified it to fit our family needs:) and share how it can be done.
Monday, December 5, 2011
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Stores offer two different ways to increase the worth of your coupons.
- Dollar Coupons Offer (DC)- All coupons are worth at least $1.00 every day!
- Double, Triple Coupons Offer (DT)- Value of the coupon is doubled or tripled
Sunday, October 23, 2011
Power to all the mamis! Let's keep taking care of us... we deserve it.
**Write these down and continue to add to your wall, mirror where you can read them everyday and make them part of how you always see and think of yourself.
Sunday, October 16, 2011
So today I challenge you, as I challenge myself, to start changing that thinking.
Here is a start, read the following statements every day until they become part of your thinking.
I suggest writing them down on notecards, or paper and tape these to your mirror. They will be a constant reminder to read them.
At the end of the third day, reflect on the statements and share how you are feeling. What are you experiencing? Were you reminded of these words in one occassion? Will you share?
Finish the week and more statements will follow.
Have fun. Reflect. You are loved. You deserve it.
**You can also share your feelings in our closed Desert Mamis group for privacy.
Friday, October 14, 2011
Thursday, October 13, 2011
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Let's begin with learning how to read the ads and understand the store sales.
- Grocery store ads change by every Wednesday. Get your ads and coupons on Tuesdays in the mail.
- Convenience stores (Walgreens), pharmacies (CVS) and stores like Walmart, Target change their sales by every Sunday.
- 10 for $10 sales - you don't have to buy the 10 items to get the sale.
- Mix and Match Savings- This means that you are asked to buy a set amount of items and instantly at the register you will receive a savings in dollar amount.
Example: Buy Any 8 participating items, save $4 instantly at the register. At checkout you have your groceries and along them include 8 of these items. When you pay, the register will instantly take $4.00 off. If I have 16 of the items but the limit is set to 1 reward per transaction, I place 8 items in one order and pay. Then I have the cashier ring up the other 8 in a separate transaction and I get another $4.00 off my order.
- Within ads there will be different dates set for sale items.
- Buy one, get one Free - make sure its the equal or lesser value.
- Buy x=amount, Get x=% off . Here you are asked to buy a set amount of items in order to get the savings. You will need to buy that same item and get your discount. Make sure it reads MUST BUY.
- Use your discount card. If you don't have it, you can use the registered phone number used at sign up.
- Pay attention to special discount dates at the grocery store. They will give additional percent off to a certain group on a special day.
- Ads will show the price effective dates. Make sure your ad is used on the correct week. I've gotten excited over a sale that was an old paper ad, not fun.
- Sale items not in stock? Ask for a rain check, it will enable you to buy the item at the advertised price when it is in stock. Most are good for one month after date of issue.
- Cut out the store coupons on the ad and combine them with Manufacturer coupons. Double your savings!
- Always pay attention to limits on rewards, or sale prices.
*I'm a novice couponista, I'm here to learn too so please any discrepancies, or questions please comment below.
**All stores, sales and policies vary by store become familiar with them by visiting their store sites or asking store managers.
Monday, October 10, 2011
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 22
Kino Stadium, Tucson AZ
This is a free event that will provide dental care (cleanings), medical care (bp checks, pregnancy tests), groceries, haircuts, clothing and hygiene items those in need in our Tucson community. Over 175 providers will be part of this event. Sponsored by Pima Medical Institute and many contributors including Target and Sam Levitz.
Here is the flyer with all the information http://www.hopefest.com/uploads/hope_fest_flyer_11.pdf
Donations of clothes, stuff animals, hygiene items, canned food, and diapers will be accepted on October 21st. Check out the site for information on how to donate www.hopefest.com.
Thursday, September 29, 2011
Activities planned for mamis, children will have toys and a room to have playtime. Dads don't be shy come, talk sports, enjoy the comfy couch, and watch some tv-Monday Night Football. We will not have alcoholic drinks, sorry.
- Mamis Trading Post will be open. Bring gently used clothes, books, toys and shoes. Leave your items, go home with what you can use from other mamis. http://mapq.st/pD5AlM
- We also accept canned food, cereals or items in your pantry.
Friday, May 27, 2011
So for those who attended, thank you it was great! Those who missed it, we hope you make it to the next one.
Thursday, May 26, 2011
This mornings trip to the grocery store was a $6.75 savings plus Safeway added $1.25 to up coupons to a $1.00 savings!! This savings is after the in-store cards savings and items on sale. So lunch will be burgers, hot dogs, chips and drinks with treats for tomorrows water park playdate! It has a success. So I will like to invite you to start saving, pass along some tips, or coupons! The economy sucks, jump aboard the coupons bandwagon!! All Aboard.
Monday, May 23, 2011
Cayla my three year old turns around looks at everyone and states in a matter of fact tone, "I play the princess".
Where do they come up with these things?