Sunday, October 16, 2011

Love Thy Self

Many days we feel so unappreciated, believe we should have done more, stressed and overwhelmed. As woman we have the feeling that we need to do it all. We carry the burden of everyone's problems on our shoulders. The world crumbles and we are there to piece it together. We are superwoman. We are always on the go, and do for everyone. We take care of loved ones but at the end of the day the one person negleted is ourselves. We need to change our thinking and do for the person who should be a priority,You!

So today I challenge you, as I challenge myself, to start changing that thinking.

Here is a start, read the following statements every day until they become part of your thinking.
I suggest writing them down on notecards, or paper and tape these to your mirror. They will be a constant reminder to read them.

1. I am a unique and precious human being, always doing the best I can, always growing in wisdom and love.

2. I am in charge of my own life.

3. My #1 responsibility is my own growth and well-being. The better I am to me, the better I will be to others.

4. I refuse to be put down by the attitudes or opinions of others.

5. I make my own decisions and assume the responsibility of any mistakes. However, I refuse to feel shame or guilt about them.


At the end of the third day, reflect on the statements and share how you are feeling. What are you experiencing? Were you reminded of these words in one occassion? Will you share?
Finish the week and more statements will follow.

Have fun. Reflect. You are loved. You deserve it.

**You can also share your feelings in our closed Desert Mamis group for privacy.
***Happy Homework

No comments:

Post a Comment