Here is my modified version of the Simple Chili Recipe, using only what I had in my pantry and items generously donated to our family from the local food bank.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon of garlic salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder**
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb of cooked pinto beans
- Sort and rinse pinto beans into a colander. Place beans in crock pot and fill it with water. Beans will cook on low overnight, seasoned with tablespoon of salt.
Preparing meat; (next day)
Cook beef, onion and garlic salt until beef is brown.
Its ready to serve. Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream on top of chips, Frito's.
For the original recipe please check out http://www.food.com/recipe/simple-chili-190598
I just modified it to fit our family needs:) and share how it can be done.