Monday, January 2, 2012

How to Duggie: Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix

Inspired by the Duggar family, I am making this year about homemade, from scratch recipes.

To get started I made this morning a big batch of hot chocolate mix. This recipe is good for approximately 14 cups of hot chocolate goodness.

*Recipe found on Mountain Maid Instant Nonfat Dry Mix

Ingredients:
2 cups Instant nonfat dry milk
1/2 cups cocoa, unsweetened
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. salt

Mix all ingredients.



Store in airtight container. I recycled my Folgers coffee 33.9 oz container. I doubled the recipe and filled about 3/4 of the way.


To make cup of hot chocolate, mix 1/4 c. dry mix with 1 c. boiling water.

Gift Idea: Pour 3 1/4 cup of the mix (depends of mug) into a plastic bag and wrap it up for a special person to enjoy.
Place a card with instructions and gift it in a mug.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment